Muskogee County, Oklahoma Records Indexes
You will find in these indexes thousands of SURNAMES taken from various transcriptions, court records, newspapers, and other publications - including the Muskogee County Genealogical Society's Quarterly. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free) (or other .pdf viewer) to view some these.
- Use these indexes first as your finding aid for the surname you are researching.
- When you find that surname, note the original source of that information.
- Go to our Research Services Page to request a copy of the record or ask for more information.
- Digital editions of the MCGS "Quarterly" 1983-2016 are available online. These journals include member-submitted articles, pedigree charts, cemetery indexes, family histories, and local history articles. To make it easier for you to find surnames and place names in a Quarterly follow the 4 Steps on the linked page to open/download the Quarterly you wish to view.
- The Oklahoma Biographical Index - search this exclusive index to biographies of Oklahomans that can be found in 25 books in the Muskogee Public Library, then request a digital copy of the page(s) from the selected book.
- Muskogee, Oklahoma, Newspapers' Death and Obituary Indexes - 1907-Present - search by surname and request a digital copy of the microfilmed newspaper article.
- Muskogee County, Oklahoma, Cemeteries - links to a variety of print and online resources for locating cemeteries and burials.
- Muskogee County Funeral Home Records - search by surname these exclusive indexes of records from closed funeral homes, then request a digital copy of the microfilmed record. Also find links here to existing funeral homes with online obituaries.
- Muskogee County Marriage Indexes - 1890-1948 - search by surname of both the bride and groom who married in Muskogee County from before Statehood to 1948 then request a digital copy of the microfilmed record.
- Muskogee County Divorce Indexes - 1907-1930 - search by surname these indexes to Muskogee County divorces in both the federal and county courts, then request a digital copy of the microfilmed record which usually contains a wealth of genealogical information.
- Muskogee County Index to Probates and Guardianships - 1907-1930 - search this exclusive alphabetical Index to the Muskogee County probate and guardianship records, then request a digital copy of the microfilmed record.
- First Presbyterian Church Early Church Records of Marriages and Deaths - 1875-1903 - search this exclusive index for early marriages and deaths recorded in the Presbyterian Church Registers (includes many Methodists as well).
- Muskogee County Widows' Records 1919-1924 - search this exclusive index to the little known Muskogee County Court Records for Widows (poor mothers whose husbands were dead, convicts or insane) then request a digital copy of the microfilmed page in which you are interested.
GENEALOGICAL DATA EXTRACTIONS
- The Boynton Index Newspaper Surname Index - search this exclusive index of genealogical data extracted from the Boynton Index, (April 8, 1921 through November 26, 1926), then request a digital copy of the page in the book from which this index was made.
- U.S. Deputy Marshals 1893-1896 - search this exclusive index of 1,514 names extracted from loose papers in the National Archives, Washington, D.C. of U.S. Deputy Marshals in Indian and Oklahoma Territory, then request a digital copy of the microfilmed page in which you are interested.