sample genealogy research questions
When requesting research assistance please ask a specific research question so that we understand what you are hoping to find. It helps to think first about what you need to further your own research or document an event.
Here are some basic types and examples of genealogy research questions:
1. When and where did this even happen that you need to know or document?
- When and in what location was Mary Ann Jones Brown, wife of John Jacob Brown of Wheresville, OK, born?
2. What can you learn about the relationship between individuals you are researching?
- Who were the children of Mary Ann Jones Brown and John Jacob Brown of Wheresville, OK?
3. What details can you find about an individual's life?
- Is John Jacob Brown a Revolutionary War patriot?